Is filing bankruptcy the right option for me?
Sometimes difficult financial situations are the result of finances slowly getting out of control over time. Many of the clients we represent, however, have also experienced a life-changing event that makes it difficult or impossible to pay their creditors.
If any of the below have happened to you or your family, you are in the same situation as many of the people our Georgia bankruptcy lawyers help on a daily basis. And we can help you, too.
- You lost your job.
- You recently divorced, or ended a relationship where your significant other helped pay the bills.
- You suffered an injury in an accident or at work.
- You have been diagnosed with an illness, and have significant medical expenses.
- Your home mortgage adjusted and you now have a much higher monthly payment.
- Your small business became insolvent.
- You lost a lawsuit or are being sued for large sums of money.
- You are now responsible for providing financial support for additional dependents, such as children or elderly parents.
- You suffer from an addiction to gambling, alcohol, drugs or shopping.
Regardless of the cause of your financial problems, Federal Bankruptcy Protection laws provide a way for you to obtain a fresh start. Of course, the only real way to determine if filing Chapter 13 or 7 is right for you is to meet with an experienced bankruptcy attorney, fully explain your specific situation, and have them advise you as to the best option.
Whether you live in Atlanta, Rome, Gainesville, Newnan, or anywhere else in North Georgia, don’t try to tackle your debt problems alone. Berry & Associates provides a free, confidential consultation so you can discuss your circumstances with an expert, and decide what option is the best for your future. Contact our office today at (877) 815-0306 or email@example.com.